Thursday, September 3, 2009

Driving and Surviving

We rented a car today!

Driving on the left and remembering to do so when turning is not the hard part actually. The hard part is not taking out the left passenger side mirror and learning where your corners are on your left side. This is especially hard when the majority of the roads in Ireland are just wide enough to fit two compact cars side-by-side with no shoulders. The sides of the roads are either a rock wall to prevent you from going over the cliffs into the ocean, a thick wall of trees and brush, or a cliff face. Did I mention no shoulders?

The speed limit on these "main through ways" is 80 km/h (50 mph). Just like back home though, speed limit means the lowest speed expected. Fina and dandy if it was not so narrow, hilly, curvy and bumpy. Did I mention it was raining too?

I took video so when I get back I will post those so you all can enjoy our truly exhilarating experience.

PS When I get home I will also edit these posts for spelling and grammar, Dad.

1 comment:

abdullah said...

Yes, windows 11 achat clélicenses usually include access to the latest updates, feature enhancements, and security patches for Office applications and services.