Saturday, April 26, 2008

Random Skickisms #2

I was at the bus stop when this guy sat down next to me and immediately asked me who I was voting for in the school elections. I told him I did not know and probably would not be voting since I had just started at this school and had no idea who the candidates are or what the issues were. Turns out, he was not someone campaigning for anyone, he was just a guy who likes to hear himself talk. He only asked me so that he could then dive into a lengthy monologue of who he was voting for and why. I turned forward and tuned him out until he all of a sudden asked, "Well your Christian, right?"

I won't get into how many ways that question was so wrong, but anyways I said, "Uh, yeah. I'm Catholic."

"Oh! I use to be Catholic too, but then I found Jesus Christ and was saved and became a Christian."

I couldn't help myself. "I think you missed the point."

"Oh, no. I use to listen to hip hop on MTV, but now all I listen to is Christian rock."

"Yeah. You missed the point."

He stopped talking to me. :)

No comments: