Saturday, April 26, 2008

Random Skickisms #3

I was at Tom's, the sports bar a few blocks from my house, to study and watch the Giant's game. My game wasn't going to be on for an hour or so, so the manager asked me what games I wanted on in the mean time. He was flipping through and I saw Detroit. I asked him to put that game on, and when he raised an eyebrow at me I exclaimed, "Hey. I have not watched them yet, and I want to see how bad a 1-7 team looks."

Note: This took place back when Detroit had only won one game after losing their first seven.

The guy sitting at the table directly across from the direction I was sitting looked over at me. I smiled, and said, "You just gotta just feel sorry for them, don't you?"

He gave me the weirdest look and then asked, "Are you a Detroit fan?"

I said, "Oh no. I am a Giants fan, which is why I love Detroit this year. They make my team actually look good."

He gave me the same weird look and then turned back to the TVs.

Well a while later a few of his friends arrived and they asked for a hockey game to be put on. I had my nose in a book so I did not look up when they arrived, but it was only after a few minutes that I overheard them talking about the baseball game...

And that is when I realized that they were all Detroit fans.

I could have kissed the manager when he came over and asked if it was alright if I moved because the only available TV for him to put my game on was on the other end of the bar.

No comments: