Friday, September 21, 2007

Vienna

I would say that I ate and drank my way through Bavaria. In Vienna though I more sipped and slurped. The wine was awesome (especially the white) and the goulash soup to die for. I am definitely picking up a cook book once I get back. We also tried some of the famous Sachertorte and wine mixed with tonic (interestingly good).

In Vienna obviously music is a big thing all over and we were lucky enough to catch a band in a local bar. We bought there CD and took some video of their show.

Vienna itself is just amazing. Every building looks like a palace with massive columns, graceful statues or ornate stucco decorating them from top to bottom. Every couple of blocks opens up to a small to large plaza with a beautiful fountain or statue in it. There are churches dotted all over breaking up the landscape with tall intricate towers.

While strolling around (you can't help but stroll instead of walk) there are street performers playing everything from violins to clarinets to pianos so that there is like a fog of music throughout the city.

So now we are off to cruise the Danube and explore some small towns along it. Life is so rough. ;-)

No comments: