Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wurzburg

I apologize for the delay and for there not being any pictures. I have taken almost 200 so far and the upload time would take over an hour. I will post them with descriptions once I get back.

I must also apologize for the extensive usage of "damn" "awesome" and "amazing from here on out. I left my thesaurus at home. ;-)

Wurzburg is an amazing town a little more than half way to Munich from Berlin. I swear, it does not matter what country you are in, small towns are where its at for good grub.

Our first stop was a pub where I had the local schnitzel and Derrick had a local specialty of cooked meat in gelatin. Damn good!

Later that night we had a platter of Bavarian cheeses and Franconian wine. The cheese was... can you guess...amazing. The wine was.. bet you can't guess... kind of odd. Ha ha got you there. :-)

No seriously, the wine was very different and not really my type. The odd part was that it was very sweet and tasted like it needed to be decanted but if you swirled it in your glass it then tasted great, but only a minute later it would be sweet again.

The next morning I was introduced to Bavarian breakfasts. This is by far the most awesome breakfast I have ever had. First, no eggs! (I don#t like eggs) It is sweet schnitzels with sweet mustard and a pretzel. Oh and it comes with a hefeweisan.

We didn't just eat while there, we spent half our time walking around too. We went to their fortress and the palace. Quite a contrast but both were really grandiose.

We meant to go for one day and then head off to Munich the next morning but ended up staying until the afternoon. Oops. ;-)

So now we are in Munich walking and eating our way through...

I may not come back home.

No comments: