Thursday, September 6, 2007

Break on through to the other side

The oddest thing has happened. The last couple of weeks I was so stressed that I became completely overwhelmed, but just yesterday I got so overwhelmed that I think I broke. Somewhere in between moving, preparing for a trip overseas, applying for school, work and my Mother, I simply cracked. I mean to the point of laughing, well actually giggling (but in that mentally deranged sort of way) when I found out that the keys I had just handed off to the cat sitter an hour ago don't actually work.

Anyways, yeah. So I moved last weekend. Really that should have been a post in itself but, uh, I've been a bit busy. It was fun driving a 16 foot truck through half of Seattle though. (No, I did not kill or maim anything or anyone.) I have only unpacked what I need for hygiene purposes and not getting arrested for indecent exposure. The rest went into the closet or is in boxes in the kitchen. Hmmm, actually maybe I should try and find the boxes with all the food in it...

Ah, whatever.

I am taking off to Germany, Prague and Vienna this Saturday. I am taking only a backpack like normal but have not even started packing. (Note: when you are only bringing a school-sized backpack pre-packing and planning are highly recommended, all other situations I normally pack an hour before leaving.) In fact I am hoping to God that something I need is not in one of those boxes in the kitchen or closet. He he, cross your fingers for me.

In order to prepare for being gone for two weeks I was going to train my co-worker, but she quit a month or so ago. She is going to come in for a couple hours each day while I am gone but instead of having tons of time to train her I have had an hour each day for 8 days. I have also been working 9 to 10 hours each day the past couple of weeks, which normally is not a problem... except when you are trying to move and prepare for a trip, but whatever, it's a job.

Speaking of jobs and moving on, I am applying for college... again, yeah, I know. I really should finish this time because it is becoming more and more of a bitch to get all those transcripts together (the more there are) and test scores out of the archives (the older they get). So I guess again, cross your fingers for me.

Oh, and then there is my mother...

She does this every time I am about to go traveling - she gets worried but won't say she is worried. She calls me two to three times a day with a question about something, or can I help her with this, what do I know about such-and-such... You get the point. This in itself can be a problem (read previous blog post) but when I am super busy, it really is NOT okay.

Ugh, lets change the subject.

Oh! And just on Tuesday I found a message sent to me back in May telling me my high school reunion is in November! Woohoo, right? Actually perhaps this is good timing? This way I am either too busy to actually care or perhaps will be so busy I will forget. ;-D


Oh, and the quitting smoking is... going.

Fucking whatever. I am going to go get my sixth cup of coffee now (only 4 to 5 hours of sleep each night for almost two weeks does catch up to you), finish up work (working late again), go home and pack for Germany (finally), WITH A BEER AND A FAT SMILE ON MY FACE. :-p

Because after all, I am heading off to the land of beer, can't start letting myself get rusty all of a sudden. Actually, fuck work, I am heading to a bar and starting things right. :D



Coming up next: Did Skick make it to Germany alive?

No comments: